Leyburn 1940's Weekend
A re-enactment celebration which takes place in Leyburn Market Place throughout the last weekend in July. There is something for all ages from bands, gang shows, demonstrations and displays to ceremonial events.
- Flag Raising to open the event.
- Vintage Fair.
- Major Swing in the Market Place.
- Mine Disposal. Butterfly Bomb Disposal.
- LADS Gang Show.
- Dance Display.
- Live Vocalists.
- Demonstration of 1940's hair styling.
- Trade Stands in the market square.
- Farmers Market on Saturday.
- Church Service, Parade and wreath laying.
- Vintage vehicles.
- Vintage Bus Service.
- Brass Bands.
- Official lowering of the flag to close the event.
Click here to here about the event on BBC Radio 2!